Osteonate 10, 70 mg.(Tablets)
Each tablet contains
Alendronate 10 mg.
Alendronate 70 mg.
- Alendronate binds to hydroxyapatite in bone, there by inhibiting osteoclast activity (the cells that resorb bone tissue). It therefore it reduces the elevated rate of bone turnover observed in postmenopausal women.
- Alendronate, produces a progressive increase in bone mineral density, a reduction in the number of new fractures and less height loss.
- For the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.
-Adult females: 10 mg 1 tablet once daily.
-Adult females: 70 mg 1 tablet once weekly.
- Administer in the morning with a full glass of tap water not mineral water on empty stomach.
- The patients should not lie down, eat or drink for at least 30 minutes post dosing.
-No dose adjustment with elderly patients or with patients with mild to moderate renal insufficiency.
1- Use of Alendronate is contraindicated in patients with hypocalcaemia & Vitamin D deficiency.
2- Alendronate is not recommended for patients whose creatinine clearance is less than 35ml/min.
3- Antacids, vitamin supplements, mineral supplements or other medications that contain calcium salts, iron salts, aluminum hydroxide or magnesium salts should be administered at least 30 min. after an Alendronate dose.
4- Concomitant hormone replacement therapy and that of Alendronate is not recommended.
5- A dosage level of Alendronate over 10mg may increase the risk of upper GI problems associated with the NSAIDs and aspirin containing products.
6- Osteonate should not be given to breast feeding women.
-10 mg box of 10 tablets.
-70 mg box of 4 tablets.