Each capsule contains: Itraconazole 100mg
Itranox (Itraconazole) is a synthetic broad-spectrum antifungal agent against infections with dermatophytes, yeasts, candida, aspergillus, cladosporium spp, other yeast & fungi.
The bioavailability is maximal when the capsules are taken immediately after a full meal.
The uptake of Itranox (Itraconazole) in keratinous tissues, especially the skin, is up to 4 times that in plasma.
- Gynecological indications: Vulvovaginal candidiasis.
- Dermatological indications: Pityriasis versicolor, dermatomycosis, fungal keratitis and oral candidiasis.
- Onychomycosis:- A pulse treatment consists of 2 capsules (200 mg) twice daily for one week followed by a 3 week drug free interval. Two pulses treatment are recommended for finger nail infections & three pulses treatment for toe nail infections.
- Tinea corporis-T.mannum:- 2 capsules (200 mg) once daily for 7 days.
- Tinea pedis:- 2 capsules (200 mg) daily for 7 days.
- Pityriasis versicolor:- 2 capsules (200 mg) once daily for 7 days.
- Fungal keratitis:- 2 capsules (200 mg) once daily for 21 days.
- Oral Candidiasis:- 1 capsule (100 mg) daily for 15 days.
- Vulvovaginal Candidiasis:- 2 capsules (200 mg) morning & evening for 1 day.
- Itranox should be taken after a full meal to assure optimal absorption.
- For immunocompromised patients e.g. neutropenic, AIDS or organ transplanted patients, the dose may be doubled.
- Hypersensitivity to the drug or its excipients.
- Pregnant woman.
Patients with liver & renal impairment should monitor the liver & kidney functions in cases of prolonged duration of therapy with Itraconazole (more than one month).
- Terfenadine, Astemizole, Enzymes - inducing drugs such as phenytoin, rifampicin reduce the oral bioavailability.
- The dose of oral anticoagulants, digoxin, cyclosporin, calcium channel blockers and quinidine should be reduced when taken concomitantly with Itraconazole.
The most common are:- dyspepsia, nausea, abdominal pain and constipation.
- Box containing 3 blisters, each one contains 5 capsules.
- Box containing 1 blister contains 4 capsules.