Doxy 100 MR.(Capsules)
Each capsule contains:
Doxycycline hyclate 100 mg.
- The Doxycycline hyclate of Doxy MR capsules is specially formulated in the form of modified release pellets.
- This form elicit the best utilization of the bacteriosatatic effect of Doxycycline with minimum GI side effects.
- Doxycycline inhibits bacterial protein synthesis. Its site of action is the bacterial ribosome.
- Doxycycline possesses a wide range of antimicrobial activity against gram positive & gram negative bacteria, which overlaps that of many other antimicrobial drugs.
- Also, effective against some microorganisms that are resistant to agents that exert their effects on the bacterial cell wall, such as Rickettsia, Mycoplasma, Chlamydia & others.
- It is also indicated in cases of Trachoma, inclusion conjunctivitis and stage 1 lyme disease.
The dose of Doxycycline for adults is 100mg every 12 hours during the first 24 hours, followed by 100mg once daily or twice daily when severe infection is present.
- Patients with hepatic or renal insufficiency.
- Doxy 100 should not be taken with any phenobarbiton, laxatives, phenytion & rifampicin.
- It should not be taken during the second half of pregnancy or during lactation.
- Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, epigastric distress and anorexia are all possible side effects of Doxycycline.
- Also other possible side effects include, candidiasis, elevated hepatic enzymes, eosinophilia, increased intracranial pressure and photosensitivity.
- These side effects may be alleviated due to the special formulation of Doxy MR.
Box contains 10 capsules in one strip.