Prostride . (Capsules)
Each capsule contains: Finasteride 5mg.
Prostride (Finasteride) is a u-aza-steroid compound with a specific 5 alpha-reductase enzyme-blocking effect. It reduces prostatic dihydrotestosterone levels significantly and prostate size.
In cases of symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia, these effects have been associated with improvement in peak urinary flow rate and urological symptoms.
Prostride is indicated in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia. (BPH).
- The recommended oral dose of Prostride is 1 capsule daily with or without food.
- Dosage adjustment is not necessary for patients with varying degree of renal insufficiency or elderly.
- Hypersensitivity to any of the product components.
- Contraindicated to be used by women & children.
- Finasteride may cause abnormal development of the male fetus, thus pregnant women are advised not to handle crushed capsules and to avoid contact with the semen of men who are taking it.
- Finasteride depresses serum concentration of prostatic specific antigen, which is used to screen prostate cancer.
Clinical & laboratory screening for prostate cancer should therefore be carried out before the drug is started and routinely during treatment.
- Side effects were reported in less than 0.5% (which is slightly higher than placebo) and were mostly related to sexual function in the form of decreased ejaculation volume, decreased libido and impotence.
Box containing 3 blisters, each blister contains 10 capsules.