Ambrodoxy . (Capsules)
Each capsule contains:
Doxycycline 100 mg.
Ambroxol HCl 75 mg.
- Doxycycline, has a bacteriostatic activity against a wide range of gram positive and gram-negative microorganisms.
- Ambroxol, which is the metabolite of bromohexine, has a mucolytic and muco-regulating activity as it normalizes the mucous production.
- Combining Doxycycline and Ambroxol in Ambrodoxy helps to treat the infection and its sequel at the same time leading to better patient compliance.
Upper and lower respiratory tract infections especially those accompanied by excessive mucous secretions such as sinusitis, asthmatic acute bronchitis, acute attacks of chronic bronchitis, asthmatic bronchitis & pneumonia.
- The usual adult dose is two capsules in the first day, followed by one capsule per day for the rest of the treatment period.
- In severe infections two capsules should be given throughout the treatment period.
For children over 10 years of age and/or weighing 50kg or more, the usual adult dose is used.
It is contraindicated for:
1- Patients with hypersensitivity to any of the tetracyclines.
2- In the first trimester of pregnancy & for lactating women.
3- Patients with peptic ulcer.
Side effects especially that of the GI tract (the most frequent) are much alleviated due to the special form of Ambrodoxy. Gastro intestinal adverse events (as anorexia, nausea, vomiting, gastric irritation, diarrhea, glossitis and monilial over growth of the anogenital region) abnormal hepatic functions, skin rash, hypersensitivity reactions and blood abnormalities.
Box contains 10 capsules in one strip.