FOLIPHOS INJECTION . (Injection)
Each 100 ml contains:
Butafosfan 10 gm.
Cyanocobalamin 0.05 gm.
Folic acid 1.5 gm.
Phosphorus is the most important mineral involved in cell activity, as it is the major component of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) - the energy source for cells, including working muscles.
Phosphorus is also a major structural mineral in bone and acts as a blood and urine buffer to maintain body pH.
Folic Acid and Vitamin B12 in combination are essential for red blood cell production in the bone marrow. Red blood cells carry oxygen to body tissues where it is used in chemical reactions that convert food into energy to fuel cell functioning. Oxygen is essential for the process of "oxidative phosphorylation" by which 90% of the ATP within the body is produced. ATP is the phosphorus-containing molecule that powers muscle cells during exercise.
Foliphos is indicated in cattle, sheep, horses and dogs:
1. For the use as a supplemental source of nutritional phosphorus in areas where feeding rations are inadequate to supply all phosphorous needs.
2. Stabled horses and other animals having a diet deficient of folic acid.
3. In case of Vitamin B12 deficiency associated with cobalt deficiency in cattle, horses and sheep.
4. It is used to prevent and treat anemia. (Vitamin B12, Folic Acid is involved in blood cell production).
5. General depression, weakness and fatigue.
Method of Administration:
A single injection administer by intravenous, intramuscular or subcutaneous route.
In Acutely diseased animals:
Small Dogs: 0.5 ml to 2 ml
Large Dogs & Sheep: 0.5 ml to 5 ml.
Cattle & Horses: 20 ml. Repeat daily if required.
In chronic diseased animals:
Half the above dose at intervals for 1 - 2 weeks or less.
Half the previous dose. Volumes of more than 20 ml should be split and given at several intravenous, intramuscular sites or given subcutaneously.
Store below 30 °C away from direct sun light and keep out of reach of children.
25, 30, 50 & 100 ml glass vials